On launch day I had the pleasure of being interviewed by William Reid from the Roads to Gold Podcast.
We had a great chat talking about my start in financial literacy, the financial issues I faced and what my goals are for my clients!
Take a listen and let me know what you think. It gives you a sneak peak into a the services I provide for my clients and how we can best you clean up your financial situation no matter what it is.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Carrie got started in financial literacy
- How a $20,000 financial hole drove Carrie to start paying attention to finances
- How Carrie wants to help women with financial education
- Using shopping as a method to teach personal finance
- Carrie’s concept of “Outfit Mixology”
- 50/30/20 Budget strategy
- $1000 per month savings challenge
- Importance of investing
- Staying out of debt
- Building credit
- Establishing budget systems and habits
Links from the show:
- Your Financial Stylist FREE Budget Template
- Shopaholic’s Guide to Investing Video Series
- Dave Ramsey Snowball Debt Pay Down Method
- $1000 Savings Challenge
Quotes from Carrie:
“Show people how to do the most with what they already have.”
“How much you save has nothing to do with how much you make, it’s about what choices you’re willing to make.”
“Investing is the cornerstone of wealth building.”
“I don’t want to limit my life because I like to be frugal.”
Books Mentioned in This Show
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas
Learn more about William and the Roads to Gold Podcast over on his website, itunes, android google play and more. I look forward to FINCON, a conference for finance based bloggers and entrepreneurs which will be held in Dallas this year to meet William in person and connect with him again!